Smokers are much more likely to have dental health problems than non-smokers. In fact, smoking also affects the body’s ability to heal quickly after dental treatments.
– Smokers are more likely to have gum disease.
– Smoking increases the risk of oral cancers.
– Loss of teeth is a common issue in smokers due to poor gum health.
If you are a smoker and have not been able to quit, make sure you have regular check-ups with your dentist.
“Cigarette smoke affects the soft tissues of the mouth in addition to the teeth.”
Read the full story:
By having your child’s teeth checked by an orthodontist around the age of seven, you can prevent dental problems from arising and save time and money in the future.
– Orthodontists can correct overcrowded teeth and bite problems.
– Correctly aligned teeth and a normal bite will prevent gum disease and tooth decay. Your child will more effectively protect good oral hygiene for a lifetime.
– Your dentist will be happy to discuss an orthodontic referral for your child.
“It’s never too late to begin correcting you or your child’s smile.”
Read the full story here: https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/what-are-the-benefits-of-early-orthodontic-treatment
Brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes at a time can help prevent the build up of plaque. This in turn reduces the risk of tooth decay and potential gum disease.
– Two minutes allows for a thorough cleaning of the teeth.
– Teeth need to be brushed at the front, back, where you chew and where the teeth meet the gums.
– Regular appointments with your dentist are still required as part of a good overall oral health routine.
While two minutes might seem like a long time, it helps ensure you’re covering all the ground (or teeth) you need to.
Read the full story here
Carried out by a trained dentist, periodontal surgery is an everyday procedure and nothing to be scared of. Used to treat various gum diseases, periodontal surgery is relatively quick, painless and extremely effective.
The surgery itself is straightforward and takes, on average, about two hours to complete. Depending on the type of surgery one can expect:
– The use of a local anaesthetic
– Deep cleaning under the gums and around the base of the teeth
– Some stitching which will be removed within seven to ten days
Surgical measures such as “gum reshaping and bone regeneration procedures” are also normal and you can find more details at https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321168.php.
A new vaccine developed in China could end tooth decay, thus reducing visits to the dentist. Known as The Jab, the vaccine works by offering proteins essential for removing plaque build-up.
– Tooth decay happens when bacteria-filled plaque produces corrosive acid.
– The Jab has a high prophylactic efficacy, so it’s able to clean teeth and reverse tooth decay.
– Although the vaccine is effective, one will still have to brush their teeth and see the dentist for checkups.
Protect your teeth by avoiding sugary and acidic foods and treating bruxism.
Read more here:
Were you aware that the bridge installed by your dentist can last for a decade if it is cared for properly? The good news is that a few easy suggestions will ensure that your teeth are protected at all times.
– Brush and floss at least twice a day.
– Try not to place too much pressure upon the bridge when chewing.
– Avoid sticky foods; these could jeopardise the foundation of the bridge.
“A dental bridge is expected to last longer than ten years if the patient pays attention to its care.”
Click here for more detailed advice:
There are many times when a dentist might recommend a root canal. This is usually required if the pulp (or nerve) within one or more teeth needs to be removed. Let us briefly examine this procedure so that you will know what to expect.
– Thanks to pain medication, you will experience virtually no discomfort during the root canal itself.
– Minor pain is normal immediately after the operation.
– If over-the-counter pain medication fails to produce results, consult with your specialist.
“Practising good oral hygiene with regular brushing and flossing should continue.”
Learn more by following the link below:
Dental implants can be a great way to restore your smile. What advice does the average dentist have to give and how can these suggestions help to protect these replacement teeth?
– Never use your teeth to pry or bite open objects.
– If you grind your teeth, wear a mouthguard to protect the implants.
– Speak with a professional at the first sign of trouble.
“Whether you have a dental implant or are considering getting one, these sturdy tooth replacements offer all the advantages of a real tooth.”
Check out more details below: